Weston sub-Edge PC (North Cotswolds)
Clerk to Weston sub-Edge Parish Council
4hrs. per week average on a flexible basis
Salary: £9.05 – £10.74 /hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Weston sub-Edge is a small parish of approximately 400 inhabitants lying at the most Northerly edge of the Cotswolds and is within the AONB, with the village itself being a conservation area.
The Parish Council which meets monthly, excluding August and December, is committed to developing the community and actively supports a listed Village Hall with a wide range of associated activities, clubs and societies as well as carrying out statutory duties.
A Parish Clerk is sought to replace the present clerk who is retiring.
The successful applicant will work from home with the exception of formal meetings which take place in the Village Hall and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all statutory provisions governing the Council are observed
- Prepare meeting agendas for the Council and prepare minutes of such meetings for approval and issue.
- Prepare for and organise the annual Parish Meeting and implement decisions from the meeting.
- Monitor and balance the Council’s accounts, prepare regular financial reports for financial monitoring and governance purposes, maintain records for audit purposes and VAT.
- Receive, check for accuracy and prepare for payment all invoice for goods and services. Issue invoices on behalf of the Council.
- Receive and action correspondence on behalf of the Council and issue correspondence under instruction from the Council.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills together with ICT skills.
A qualification such as CILCA certification is desirable but not essential as is a knowledge of current local government law together with the legal and financial frameworks and procedures relating to local councils.
Training will be provided where necessary.
Support will be provided for a hand over period.
Applications with a current CV to the Chairman of the Parish Council:
Bill Carruthers (email@example.com)
Closing Date for applications: Friday September 22nd 2017