Following recent car thefts in the village, Parishioners are urged to consider the following advice:
General security :
- Motion activated security lights (avoiding nuisance to neighbours)
- CC-TV cameras
- Burglar alarms
- High quality door and window locks.
- Securely lock the property when vacating and set burglar alarms
- Lock all external buildings/sheds with quality locks
Vehicle security :
- Always lock the vehicle.
- Park in garage if available
- Park in clear view if parked outside
- Etch vehicle registration on all windows
- Cost effective immobilisers such as steering wheel locks, “Krookloks”, gear lever locks, pedal locks, wheel locks.
- Ignition immobilisers
- Additional vehicle alarm
- Fit a “tracker”
- Avoid leaving tools/belongings in the vehicle
- Vehicles with keyless entry – secure vehicle keys, including spares in a “Faraday Box/container” to prevent relay attacks by thieves.
- Secure vehicle keys in a non-obvious location
If you see any suspicious activities or vehicles in the village then make a note and /or take a photograph with your smartphone. Publicise on Facebook.